Monday, November 17, 2014

After Graduation...


"The will of God for your life is always bigger than you can imagine."  Jim Elliot.



I sat in the hotel ballroom looking at the faces of 80+ students I've never met, praying that they would hear from the Lord.  Each face represented a person treasured by a God who has a wonderful plan for their life.  Each one seeks to answer the question, "What's next?"

For the past several years, we in the northeast have hosted a recruiting conference for Juniors and Seniors, which we call Preview Weekend. This year I had the privilege of serving as Program Director.  At this conference, our speaker Keith Bubalo (Cru's Executive Director for Global Missions) challenged them to surrender their future to the Lord.  We pray that, for some of them, this will mean joining staff with Cru.  It's so humbling to think about what God has in store for each of these students, he can impact the world through each of them.

Would you pray for these students as they consider how God is calling them?  Your prayers and support make it possible for me to serve them in this way and I believe God has used this conference to their benefit already, as the following quote from an attendee indicates...

"Thank you so much for this incredible opportunity.  I did not know what to expect and I am walking away changed and taking a step of faith.  I would appreciate prayers for a surrendered life..." Eleanor (student at UMass Amherst)

1 comment: