Monday, October 4, 2010

Coming to Faith at Dartmouth



This is a story from last week at Dartmouth College, as relayed by Tony, one of our staff there.  Thank you for praying for our fall outreach events in the Northeast!


God is so good!  Let me tell you a wonderful story.  On Tuesday a student and I went out to visit students who indicated on our earlier survey that they wanted to talk about knowing God personally.  We met 3 people:  One was already trusting Christ, one was interested but didn’t have much time to talk, and the third one was not really that interested.

Today I met again with Adam, the one who didn’t have time to talk Tuesday.  As we talked, he said in his religious pursuits he had forgotten about Jesus.  When I asked, he said he wanted to "open the door" to Jesus, to initiate a relationship with Him!  That is wonderful in itself, but when I asked him if he wanted to do that here and now or in some other setting, he said he wants to pray to receive Christ in our community, with/in the presence of other believing students!  In all my years of ministry, I’ve never seen such a pure and bold decision to trust Christ.

So, we settled on his praying to trust Christ this Sunday night at 10 pm at Rollins Chapel as we kick off the Dartmouth week of prayer.  There will be great rejoicing in heaven and on Earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment