Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Thankful

     While I'm finding it hard to believe that it's November already, I do love Thanksgiving.  As I ran a couple of errands early this morning, in the hopes of beating the rush, I even appreciated the chill in the air.  It feels a little more like the holiday season when it's cool out.
    Before I get too caught up in all the preparations for tomorrow's feast, I wanted to take some time to list some of the things for which I'm thankful as another year draws to a close...

  • Family - it is so easy to underestimate the value of a loving, supportive family system when you have one.  I'm so grateful to have been loved and prayed for my whole life, from grandparents to parents to aunts and uncles to siblings to spouse to in-laws to kiddos.  My family is not perfect, but they are present, relatively emotionally healthy :), and always happy to see us.  So many do not have that.
  • Good health - all my parts still work and I feel pretty good most days.  A gift for sure.
  • A roof over my head and food on the table.
  • Friends near and far.
  • Access to a great library system and the ability to educate myself on almost any topic.
  • Electricity and water - after witnessing the aftermath of Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico, I am humbled by how easy my life is made by access to these two utilities.
  • An ever present savior who faithfully grows and guides me.
  • The prayers and support of my faithful ministry partners
     What are you thankful for in this season?  I'd love to hear!  Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment