Sunday, March 10, 2019

February update - New Job


I don’t know about you, but my 2018 went by in a flash!  It was definitely a busy year for us.
Is your 2019 off to a good start?  As I look forward to the year, I find myself encouraged by what God has done this past year and hopeful about what He has in store in the year to come.  In the meantime, I have a few updates to share.

New Job!
Around the end of the summer, I began to sense that the Lord was leading me to make a change, work-wise.  I had taken my role with Cru City about as far as I could, and was ready for a new challenge.  After much prayer and many conversations with different folks around Cru, I have finally landed in a new role.  My new title is Talent Management Coordinator and my primary responsibility is discovering efficient ways to connect the right people with the right roles within Cru while also helping Cru think through organizational design.  Being a nonprofit, Cru never has quite as many staff as we’d like, so it’s important that we maximize the talent that we have.  People are their most productive when in a good job fit, which creates win-wins for employees and employer.  In Cru’s case, it also maximizes our ability to be as effective as possible in achieving our mission in partnership with the Holy Spirit.  Few things bring me more joy than seeing people live fully out of who the Lord created them to be, so I am beyond excited about being in position to help more people discern how the Lord might want to use them next.

Action Learning Challenge Complete
As you know, a full 6 months of last year was spent working on an Action Learning Challenge for Cru.  We were tasked with suggesting next steps for equipping graduating students to live on mission for a lifetime.  Our presentation is up on youtube, if you’d like to check it out.  You can go to youtube and search for “Preparing Cru Grads - SLI 7” and our presentation should show up - it starts at about the 8:35 mark.  I learned so much from this project and am excited about the ways the campus ministry is beginning to think about the reality that every single believer can be salt and light, no matter where the Lord places them.  You yourself are evidence of this.  (My team, along with our sponsors, fresh off the presentation below.)



Prayer Requests
        1. Continued guidance as I seek to walk in step with the Spirit and I as attempt to build
            something new within Cru.
        2. That Jonathan and the girls would finish the year strong and be salt and light in their contexts.

No comments:

Post a Comment