Friday, September 8, 2017

Cru17: "With"


Can you believe it's mid-September already?  I feel as though we just got back from vacation, but we’ve actually been home for well over a month!  In fact, Jonathan and the girls are already through their 4th week of school.  Time flies.  

One of the great elements of being on staff with Cru is our national staff conference, held every other year.  This conference is a time of equipping, fellowship, prayer, vision-casting, and encouragement for Cru staff.  Cru17 was my 7th national staff conference to attend - I’ve only missed one since joining Cru in 2003; the summer that Sophie was born, and I was way too pregnant to travel :).

The theme of Cru17 was “With.”  The main idea being, how do we learn to partner well “with” others, but also what does it mean to be with in other ways.   Every talk this year was a winner, in my book, and I thought you might be blessed by listening to a few.  

The first talk was a time in the word, delivered by my friend Jake Abraham.  Jake is on the Executive team of Cru17 and in the process of moving to Washington DC with his family.  He and I co-hosted our City breakouts that happened later in the conference, which was such a treat.   Jake’s text is from John 17 and completely worth the half hour. Check it out and let me know what you think!


No comments:

Post a Comment